How Cyber Secure are you?
Cyber Security is an important topic everyone should know about, along with our easy guide why not check out “The Undeclared War“? The plot follows a leading team of analysts buried in Britain’s Intelligence Hub (GCHQ) who are working to fend off wave after wave of cyber-attacks. Watching this can help get a better understanding of what these Cyber-Attacks actually are when they come into play and what devastating effects these attacks have on businesses and schools.
You may know what cyber-secure means, but do you know how it originated? Cybersecurity began in the 1970’s with a project called The Advanced Researched Projects Agency Network (ARPANET). This was the connectivity network developed prior to the internet itself. A man named Bob Thomas determined it was possible for a computer to move over a network. He developed it without any malicious intent with it being more of a security test than a virus, even with the original name being Creeper!
With a good Cybersecurity package, it can provide security against attacks that are designed to access, alter, delete and destroy a user’s/organisations system and take sensitive data. These attacks can disable or disrupt a system or device, so have a read through the ways we can help you stay secure.
Need a little more convincing? Here are just a few benefits from having robust network protection
- Offers protection for Data and Networks
- Protection against Cyber-Attacks and Data Breaches
- Prevention of unauthorised user access
- Improved recovery time after a breach
Here are 5 tips on how to stay up to date and in-the-know!
- Think before clicking! – Make sure you inspect the link and ensure they are from a trustworthy source before clicking!
- Keep an eye out for those Phishy emails! – Over 3 billion fake emails are sent daily, make sure these are from a person or business you trust, if you’re unsure you can check for spelling in the email, or the return email could be different.
- Back it up – You should back up your data on a physical location and on the AIT Cloud.
- Passwords – Use a strong and varied password, make sure it is longer than 8 characters and using at least one uppercase and one lower case letter, one number and a symbol. This will make your password harder to guess and harder to hack into.
- Updated Systems – A crucial Cyber Safety tip is to keep your browsers, software and operating systems up to date. Keeping these updated will prevent attackers from exploiting them for enough time until the next update!
Cyber Security is one of the most important aspects of the fast-paced growing digital world. The threats of it are hard to deny, so it’s crucial to learn how to defend from them and teach others how to do it too.
So, what are your next steps?
Book your comprehensive cyber security audit now with our team of specialists. We will talk you through the whole process and you will feel better knowing your systems will be more secure at the end! We offer a range of packages so get in touch today to find out more.